Shadow of the Vampire is a 2001 film that gives a fictionalized account of the filming of Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror. The film presents Max Schreck as a real vampire who was convinced to film scenes for their movie.
- John Malkovich as F.W. Murnau, the director
- Willem Dafoe as Max Schreck, who plays Count Orlok
- Udo Kier as Albin Grau, the producer, art director, and costume designer
- Cary Elwes as Fritz Arno Wagner, the cinematographer
- Catherine McCormack as Greta Schröder, who plays Ellen Hutter
- Eddie Izzard as Gustav von Wangenheim, who plays Thomas Hutter
- John Aden Gillet as Henrik Galeen, the screenwriter
- Nicholas Elliott – Paul
- Ronan Vibert – Muller
- Sophie Langevin – Elke
- Myriam Muller – Maria
Background Information and NotesEdit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.